Reading Group Applied Economic Theory
- Together with Cedric Argenton and Jan Boone I organize a reading group on Applied Economic Theory. Please subscribe to our mailing list if you want to receive updates.
Research Masters Course Competition and Regulation
- Check the web page.
MSc Course Innovation and Networks
- Electronic Study Guide for 2016-2017. Students should subscribe to blackboard for more information.
Writing your Master Thesis on Energy Issues
Many students find it hard to find a good starting point for their research on electricity & gas markets. Below some possible starting points:
- The two main journals in the field of energy economics are Energy Economics and the Energy Journal.
- For the most recent policy discussions you can look at Energy Policy and the Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy (EEEP), or search euraktiv and DG energy for energy related topics.
- The latest research ideas can be found at the Toulouse energy conferences, the yearly IAEE conferences and for some of the modeling work a limited number of sessions at the INFORMS conferences.
- A number of research groups have working paper series which you might want to check out.
PhD positions at Tilburg University
- Full-time PhD-students are expected to finish the Research Master in Economics before being admitted to the PhD-phase.
- Experienced professionals might follow the PhD program for Professionals (PPP) on a part-time basis.
- Current Research Master students are welcome to pass by and discuss ideas for PhD-topics.
- Both TILEC and CentER often accommodate (academic) visitors for short and medium term stays.